Total Pageviews

Wednesday 31 July 2013

Wannabe- By Gemma

I'm breathing fast and uneasy, my heart's beating like someone's playing drums with it. I look down and think" I should have listened to Mummy and Daddy."
But I know there's no going back. I'm on this rackety bridge, scared to freezing point. I can barely see what in front of me but I know it's not going to be pleasant. It could be anyone else who's doomed on this bridge, but it's me, Alexander Higgins, the wannabe Prince. On my Pony, Night, trying to show everyone I can do it by defeating the Queen of Ethiopia.

Its dark out and I can just see the silhouette of the castle from the edging sunset behind it.
" I have to do this." I think determinedly in my mind.
Before I even know the words come out of my mouth commanding Night to ride. He does,and as soon as I know we are galloping as fast as a little girl on a tricycle. I shut my eyes, wishing, hoping we make it. I hear Night walking on stable ground and I'm relieved, easing myself. I can't help but do a little dance to congratulate myself. With armor on it's not that easy.
"Next step, the castle!" I say in the most manliest voice I could handle.

The next few minutes were slow and terrifying. I see; skulls in ponds, dead gardens and... and guards as hard as rocks. I cautiously slide off Night and tie him to one of the dead apple trees. Acting as tree, I  sneak past the guards. Well, that was easy. I brush my shoulders acting cool. Dust flies everywhere. I give a little sneeze and quickly draw my sword. Walking incircles to make sure no one heard and is coming to get me. No signs. Crash! They did hear that. I watch as a crystal jug shatters to pieces on the floor. I shrug my shoulders, then freeze. I hear someone walking from a flight of stairs. I have to say, this castle is pretty impressive; chandlers hanging from the roof, expensive paintings everywhere. I'm astonished. Back to the walk. It sounds like stilettos. I can see a face peek around the corner. It's, oh no... the almighty Queen of Ethiopia- and she doesn't look impressed.

I have a little chuckle and say exaggerated "That painting wouldn't of been expensive."
She growls at me then spots something outside. She gives me a look of ambition and slaps her thigh. Poof! All I see is my Pony Night, he looks different... I've got it. His eyes are grey like the Queens and I relies, she's out skilled me. I can't kill my Pony.

I stare for a while and think about how I might die; maybe I'll end up as one of those skulls in the pond. No. My eyes widen with the thought of a brilliant idea. Brussel sprouts. They make Night sleep. I grab some from my pocket ( luckily I brought them as a substitute for sleeping pills for Night) and shove them in his mouth. He chews, he swallows and yes! He falls to the ground with a loud thump. I put her in a rubbish bin to sleep. Now I have a castle to myself. I sit in the throne and say "Queen, you've just been defeated by the wannabe."

1 comment:

  1. Gemma, you made me chuckle. You have a great sense of humor! I especially enjoyed 'I can't help but do a little dance to congratulate myself. With armor on it's not that easy.'

    Mrs Gregory

    ReplyDelete