Total Pageviews

Thursday 25 July 2013

It Was An Accident! -Finau

The sky was covered with a blanket of blue in the morning of the summer holidays, the wind blew gently it shook the willow trees making the leaves fall landing peacefully above the water in the creek. 3 rabbits scurried away and jumped into a hole behind a tree.

 I almost fell off my horse, Patches, when I tried tying back my long brownish blond hair.The creek was my most favourite  place in the farm because of its peacefulness. I was allowed to come here whenever I want but I wasn't allowed to climb the trees anymore, I fell down and twisted my ankle the last time I tried to climb the tallest willow. On the grass nearby some cows stared at me and mooed as if they were trying to warn me about something, they ran to the far side of the paddock. I thought they were overall the weirdest animals at our the farm. All I know about the cows is that they are never close to the creek, it’s like they are afraid of it, and the second thing I know about them is that two of them died and were found beside a willow tree. No one knows how the cows died, they were just found because of the smell, so now Grandpa and Grandma are now hiring someone to look after the farm with us.

I tied patches to the tallest willow tree, gave him a sugar cube and started climbing the tallest willow myself, I know that I shouldn't be climbing but sometimes I just have to because of the great feeling I have when I've reached the top. I went higher and higher breaking really big branches off out of my way and finding footholds to push myself higher, I have never been this higher before. All the cows were now staring at me. I almost made it up, just 2 more footholds then I'm at the top of the tallest tree then the branch I was holding on to on my left side broke and I had a terrifying feeling. I started finding another branch and then thought that I was going to be a goner like the cows who died. I started to cry and luckily there was were no bikers nearby to see me, I didn't know if that was a good or bad thing if there was a biker that could actually help me. Instead I found a hole in the tree but didn't want to put my hand in it, goodness knows what’s in there. My hand was slipping fast and I had no chances so I shoved my hand in the hole and held on.

 I couldn't hold on forever so I had to find a way down. Patches watched what happened from the beginning and was so frightened he started pulling on his hitch rope making the whole tree shake. I tried to come him down telling him that I was just fine and finally he did calm down and went to sleep on the spot. After a while my hands started to shake and something was crawling on my face, then it went down on my neck and started crawling on my elbow ,I took a peek and then my heart skipped a beat, it was a spider, it was a white tailed spider!. I sreamed at the top of my voice and let go. I felt myself falling down, down, down and then I felt my head hit something and I was unconscious.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Finau! that is one of the most interesting stories I have ever read! I was so into it. I loved the describing words and I cant wait to see what happens next!
    Shayle

    ReplyDelete