Total Pageviews

Monday 19 August 2013

INFINITY part 4 By Blake Summerfield

Suddenly my whole body ignited in a fury of flames as I dropped to the ground. I let out an ear piercing scream before the fire went out. My skin was black and the rest of my clothes eventually burnt to dust. Slowly I limped to a tree and rested there till night full, I would set out tomorrow.
As night turned to day and the clouds faded into the distance the sound of water broke the silence. I leaped up from my half built cocoon and there it was, An ocean that lead to the city of Petra but something was wrong. One small little speck of light shone in the distance, Civilisation. It would take to long to walk around the perimeter yet It was to windy to sail a boat of any type. The only way across was by plane. The problem was where would I find a plane that would except the ones in the hanger beside me. Oh.
All of a sudden the engines roared into life and the wheels began to spin, I was taking off.  I have never piloted a real plane before but I think I managed to take off clean, I think. Then as I was half way across the ocean something bizarre happened. The small light I had been monitoring started to grow into a larger, more brighter light which by now seemed like a fire. Slowly the plane lost altitude and crashed to a stop on a decaying motor way. With a mighty bang the front tyre's exploded sending the plane onto its nose. I Yanked the brake eventually the plane stopped. 

Now I could the building which once housed the source of the light. It had a gapping hole which revealed its insides. Hanging from a piece of wire by its foot was a young girl. Her face was blackened by the heat and her clothes once a dress were now half burnt rags. Slowly her eyes opened and looked me in the face.

Part 5 coming next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment