Total Pageviews

Thursday 7 November 2013

Year 7 & 8 camp at Peter Snell Youth Village

On the 22nd to the 25th of October the year 7 & 8's of Reremoana school went to the one and only peter snell youth village, as our EOTC (education outside the classroom) or camp.

Day 1, we were expected to meet at the hall by 8:30. we then lined up in our groups ready for the first chant off then we got ready to get on the bus. We had to sit in our groups because we did a treasure hunt in our groups about the area between our school and the village/camp. When we got there  we sorted out our cabins (I was in cabin 6 with Eden, Annika and Hannah.) We then had lunch and moved on to our first activity. Our first activity was rock climbing. It was challenging but fun. I managed to get to the top.

Day 1, activity 2: camp cooking. In camp cooking we had to make pancakes on hobo stoves. A hobo stove is a large tin can with a bit cut out in the front. We made the pancake mix and then put on the stove and cooked them. Our group was named the fast cookers.

The 2nd day was just as fun. First we had abseiling. Our team worked really well together. We cheered on our team mates and we all enjoyed it. This activity was personally my favourite. Secondly we had archery. I was no good at it (my score was 0) but I still had fun. Our third activity was the initiative course and once again our team worked really well together. The instructor (my dad) chose different leaders for different activities. My favourite sub activity was the spider web. Our last activity was the rifle range. We split into girls and boys. The girls gun stopped working so we had to merge into one long line.Mr Fourie helped with some of the techniques and then I got 4 in a row and I was so excited. That night we had the talent show. It was funny to watch. First the teams had to there cotton-eye joe line dance My team came third and we were very happy. Then we had the groups talent quest. Our group got third again. Then the parents had to do something and they did the cotton-eye joe line dance and it was so embarrassing.

Day 3: Snowplanet
We started by getting equipped with the gear and and then went in and had our lessons. At first I couldn't do it but then i got the hang of it and got better. When our lessons ended we got free time so we got to go up the ski lift and go up. I had so much fun.

The last day was fun because once we were packed and cleaned up had a top class event which involved some of the activities. I did the initiative course and we got over really quick. After that we packed the bus and headed home.

No comments:

Post a Comment