Total Pageviews

Wednesday 6 November 2013

Peter snells youth village-April

On the 22nd to the 25th of October the year 7 & 8's had their school camp at Peter Snell Youth Village.  The bus arrived at our school on Tuesday morning and all the students rushed to get their bags on and get into seats. 

As soon as we got there we all where so excited that we quickly put our bags in our cabins. My cabin that I was in was HUGE. We had seven people in total!  Gemma, Kaitlyn, Jorien, Leslie, Jansje, Theane and I all shared a cabin. It was very squished and cause problems at times.

Day 1


My group "The Cookie Minions"went and did our first activity. Abseiling. It was around 15m high and went diagonal at the top for about a meter then straight down to the bottom. First from our group was Daivik and he went down really fast but then no girl wanted to go so it took about 5 mins to figure it out and Ashleigh decided to go and did really well. I was the second girl and I wasn't scared surprisingly.

Rifle shooting was next for the cookie minions and was a little bit boring as in I never hit any of the targets. The rifle felt weird when I shot it because it vibrated and I wasn't expecting it. We got three shot each and we had about 5 turns using them.

The end of the day came really quick and our group, The champions and the mischief monkeys has to go to camp cooking and made a gross dinner with sausages and 3 random cans. It was really cool though.

Afterwards we had to do the Burma Trail and it wasn't even scary. I got scared maybe once or twice but other people where so scared that they cried. It was awesome cause we had to wear blindfolds and we had to hold onto a rope!

Day 2

The morning was terrible as in we woke up on hard ground in the tents. We straight away packed up and went for our morning run at 7am. 

Breakfast was nice. We had loads of options to choose from. It was the best breakfast i've had this year.

Our first activity was rock climbing. It was half the size of the absailing and the rocks weren't that stable. They would move around when we hold them. It was really easy and apparently I was the fastest girl so far. It gave me a wedgie though.

Then we did the hobo stoves. We had to make our own pancakes mixture and it came out all lumpy. Ashleigh, Sean and I shared a stove and it turned out that pancakes can taste like cheese.

The Initiative corse was fun as in we worked as a team. We had to do lots of activities and my favorite one was the spider web activity because we all had to find a way to get through without going through the same hole.

Archery was next and it was so cool. We got to have 5 shots each turn and I nearly got a bulls eye but I didn't as in it was on the yellow.

In the hall we did the talent show. It was so funny to watch all the performances. My group that I was in was Girl Power and we won the talent show because we did a cool dance.

Day 3

SnowPlanet was today and was so exciting. The bus ride was awesome and the whole day was too but some people just didn't have a good day. Jansje broke her leg and Callahan broke his arm. Some people got hot chocolates with their money that they brought. Gemma and I got one then Jansje came and joined and she left so we put a chip in her drink and she drank it and got really angry at us.





Day 4

The last day of camp came quick and we had to pack up and get ready for Top Class. Room 14 won by  1 milliseconds but it was still fun.

All the students would like to thank Mr Fourie and Mr Munro for organizing this event for us. It was really fun and we had the best time of our lives.

By April :)



No comments:

Post a Comment