Total Pageviews

Tuesday 10 September 2013

Rhys' speech / Rhys

Today I am going to convince you to encourage contact sports in schools. I strongly think this because of my strong passion for sports like Rugby league and Rugby. It is disappointing that we have to play on a club level because these sports are not in our school.

To write this speech I have done a survey at school, researched what the benefits are, the skills they improved and what I can do about it. 
 
I think that bringing contact sports into schools will definitely benefit the students of the school. I know this because it will open more opportunities for them and when there are more opportunities it will boost their self confidence and will make them want to get involved in more sports. For example: most boys need to get out on the field and get rid of their energy and tackling, running and rough play make them feel alive. Boys need a certain level of contact sports to grow bigger and stronger.

The teachers would definitely appreciate boys back in the classroom after playing a contact sport as they will be quieter and more ready for learning…..

It will also open leadership opportunities inside the student body, which will help develop skills for the future. Teachers will recognise the potential in students.

Of course sports like this will make you fit and healthy but you don’t know what they exactly do. First it increases your endurance. Endurance is an ability of an organism to exert itself and remain active for longer periods.

Also your cardio vascular system . Your cardio vascular system permits blood circulation to transport nutrients like electrolytes through out your body. Doing contact sports decreases the risk of obesity which in some places is a problem.

But that can all change if we do contact sports at school. Because if we play , train hard and have fun at school there is less chance that we will achieve more as adults.

As you carry on playing contact sports you develop more skills and start to improve the way you play But not only are you improving on your fitness and the way you play, you are also improving your mental skills. For example: By doing Karate your reflexes get quicker therefore making your mental mind sharp. Also by doing Karate you start to see the easier way to beat the opponent and win the battle.

When we bring contact sports into school we will need supervision and I am sure Mr Fourie or Mr Munro would love to take time out of their very busy lives to supervise us because I know how much Mr Fourie loves rugby

  Being a student leader I can put forward my ideas to Mrs Holley but it is pointless if I don’t have anybody to back me up. So if you are confident like me and you think that this can go some where like starting a club up for the school. I would love to start up a club before I leave so I can say that was me that started that.

No comments:

Post a Comment