Total Pageviews

Wednesday 15 May 2013

Where's Jerry?

It was a day that I couldn't forget and I still have nightmares about it. It was a sunny day at camp. The sun was too hot that it made us sweat and the smell of sand is making us sneeze. The sun reflected off the clear water while we were putting on our life jackets, getting ready to do our last activity at the last camp day.

Jerry's parents invited me to join their family vacation. We were waiting for Jerry to put on his life jacket while we were in the raft boat. Jerry is a quiet boy and has been my best friend ever since we were little. Mr McDonald is standing up and is looking at the map we were supposed to follow, then he sat down and we started paddling. Paddling in the raft boat was kind of hard at first but then I was  getting the hang of it. Jerry was used to doing these kind of things because of how his family does camping every school holidays. He is a tall, quiet boy who's been my friend ever since we were little, we did everything together.

Everyone was having fun splashing each other with water until there were two streams to cross. Mr McDonald was looking for the  map which he lost, but by the time the streams came closer we were all looking for the map. We didn't know which way to go so we paddled left. "Whew" we sighed in relief.
After a while we all got bored so no one was paddling the raft until we heard splashing water and looked forward to see a huge 100 meter waterfall ahead. We were so shocked that we all started paddling and trying to get back but the water pressure pushed us forward.

''Hold on, screamed Mr McDonald'' and we all held on to each other. Before we knew it we all felt ourselves falling down. "Matt wake up, rough hands shook me hard". We survived I thought but when I looked up Jerry wasn't on the boat. ''Wheres Jerry, I asked'' and in a minute we were all screaming out Jerry's name. We paddled everywhere but we couldn't find him.

Mr and Mrs McDonald started to cry and I also felt tears prickling down my eyes so I turned away and stared down into the clear water, I was speechless at what I saw, there sinking down into the deep, dark waters was Jerry.

No comments:

Post a Comment