Total Pageviews

Monday 20 May 2013

Auckland Champs Orienteering


On the 20th of May it was the Auckland Championship Orienteering. It was held at Moire park in West Auckland. Two teams participated along with one individual student.

Year 8 Boy’s Team - Rhys, Kyle, Denzil, Sean, Clark and Sam

Year 7 Girl’s Team - Gemma, Eden, Olivia, Hannah, Jorien and Theane'

Year 7 Boy Individual - Liam Haddock

It was a very sunny day, the ground was really slippery and muddy because of previous rainy days. About 25 schools participated, it was very challenging to get a placing. The course that we ran was around 2-3 kms.

We asked one person from each team on how they felt before their race. 
Jorien, Year 7 Girl, said "I had mixed emotions. I felt nervous but excited!"
Liam, the qualifying individual said "At the start I felt nervous but confident. While I was running I thought I was doing really well. At the end I felt exhausted."
Kyle, Year 8 Boy, said "At the start I felt quite nervous but when I got into it I got the flow of the course. At the end I knew I did well and got them all right."

The day was hot and tiring. Congratulations to all students who took part We all tried our best and never gave up. Thank you to Mr Fourie for making this day happen and turning us into Auckland Champs! Thank you to Mr Matete, Miss Yates and Mr Mesley for coming along to supervise and help with transportation to and from the venue.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment